Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hate: Patron


For about the past year or so no matter what bar I go out in, be it a club in NJ (eww I know) a lounge in NY or a pub in CT, the shot of choice for both guys and girls has become Parton. Since when did all of my college educated socially acceptable friends and acquaintances become wanna be rappers? I am not a girl that cannot handle her liquor so my problem with Patron is not its strength (although I have spent many rough Sundays in bed after a night of Parton and Pino) it is purely the fact that EVERYONE orders Patron because it has suddenly become the cool shot.

Nothing is more gross to be then being offered a shot while out by a cute guy and getting Parton! Do I look like my I want to be a video girl? NO Thanks I’ll pass. If you are trying to flash your money how about buying a real high class shot Johnny Walker Blue Perhaps? I may dump it down the bathroom sink (a la my favorite roommate) but at least I will respect you for not being a conformist. One of the most interesting thing about Patron is the fact that whenever I am out it seems to be the shot of choice the homebound, and by homebound I mean those people who despite being in their mid twenties still live at home with their parents. Here is a thought: cut back on the 10 Parton shots you take a week, save up that money/time and move out of your mom’s house. But I guess if I was salesman living with my parents at 25 I’d want to drink something strong enough to make me feel cool too.

2 comments:

testanator said...

It's because of the rappers!!! Haha.

Unknown said...

Patron's a tasty beverage! It's not meant to be consumed as a shot. Pour about four ounces and sip. It's a nice way to ride out a buzz.
As far as 25-year-old dudes buying shots for women, you're right. There are much better ways to impress a woman than sharing a pricey shot. I usually use my vast knowledge of Star Trek and split a bottle of Boones Farm to impress women. It does wonders.