Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Love: ISH

I have recently discovered that i LOVE the suffix ISH. It's a great way to make harsh statement less harsh, exaggerate semi-good things and all around a fun thing to say. For example, my friends and I recently met an acquaintance's new girlfriend who was less than attractive. Being that it was a few glasses of wine into the night, I casually made the comment that she looked like a troll. (which she literally did, i think there was an illustration in my children's nursery rhyme book that featured her under a bridge) My friends all looked at me in horror, like I was the worst person alive, even though we were clearly all thinking it. So in order to soften the statement I added an ISH. "We'll she looks trollish"- and all was made better.

I also like to say I'm 20ish. It's so much better than saying im 23...

No comments: