Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Love/Hate: The Pick Up Artist

I love to hate the VH1 reality show The Pick Up Artist. Let me start off by saying I genuinely feel bad for the guys on that show. It is truly unfortunate to be 37 and have the only female you have ever kissed be you mother, however there are better ways to improve your social standing than taking advice from a jackass who wears ski goggles on his head (the show is filmed in Texas) and seriously takes a feather boa to the bar to "attract" women. I would a billion times over rather talk to a nerdy guy at a bar than a freak with a false sense of confidence. If "mystery" (yes that is actually what he calls himself) ever approached me at a bar and asked for "a female opinion" (his trademark pickup line) I would walk away, but only after I had picked myself off the floor from laughing so hard.

The funniest parts of the show is the way the "contestants" talk up this loser like he a God and how they have "sexy women" (a term used very loosely on VH1) teach them how to date. This show is pathetic, yet I find myself watching every week.

No comments: