Wednesday, February 4, 2009

LOVE: Tool Academy


Vh1's Sunday night television line up is by far the best night of TV all week, and the MVP of this lineup is the "Tool Academy." I was initially hesitant. I mean how can a show where the contestants willingly acknowledge that they are tools possibly be worth an hour of my time? However, after watching the first show I couldn't tear my eyes away. The stupidity/depravity/utter idiocy of these people has so many levels to it, you can't help but watch in horror.


First, the premise that the "hot girlfriends" (again used liberally on Vh1 - see Pick Up Artist post below) actually want their boyfriends to go on television and be labeled as tools is really astounding. Either these women are fame whores (plain whores) or they are completely void of all self esteem and brains or all of the above.


However even whose than these prizes at the contestants, the "tools" if you will. They initially think they are competing for a contest titled "Mr. Awesome." Honestly? Mr. Awesome? Who in their right mind would think that would be a real honor? Either these men are fame whores (plain whores) or they are completely void of all self esteem and brains or all of the above. Its really amazing the people and the levels these people go to to humiliate themselves.


However, I really love the "tools." They are on a show trying to "fix their relationships" and under constant video surveillance, yet continue to hit everything that walks and their retarded girlfriends take them back week after week. My favorite moment of the show so far was when Shaun's second girlfriend comes in. Despite loosing the girl that brought him to the show, and having a furious and less hot Russian chick remain, he was still able to deliver the best line of the show. "On the bright side, for a while I had two hot girlfriends!" Ohhh that sums it up and that's why I love it.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE Tool Academy. and in a wierdo twist my lil sister was friend's with tiny tool's (gross) girlfriend when they were like 5.

Amanda said...

hahah kate thats so funny!